Monday, September 10, 2012

Joe Moore's (Late) Intro!


I have always had the dream of becoming a pilot.  I am blessed to have been born into a family that has aviation flowing through its bloodlines on both my father’s and mother’s side, with myself becoming a third generation pilot once the landing gear touched down on the runway after successfully completing my private pilot check ride.  It was, with out doubt, the most rewarding day of my life and the sense of accomplishment and pride I received from my family was unmeasurable. Currently, I am one cross country and my check ride away from accomplishing my Instrument Pilot certification.  The timing could not have been more perfect since my father is also working on his instrument rating, leading us into conversations and flights that I thought was only a distant dream when I was a child.
Soon to follow the completion of my Commercial Pilot Certification, I will be continuing with my Certified Flight Instructor ground and flight training.  I am impatiently waiting for that portion of my career, with such a strong drive to be able to teach people the joys and rewarding experiences that one could have if obtaining a pilots license. In addition to my flight ratings, I have recently completed my Dispatch Certification, conducted by Eastern Michigan, along with also adding my High Performance Endorsement as well. 
My career goals in aviation vary from most students in the program.  Once completing my degree at Eastern, I plan on attending Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, majoring in Aeronautical Science and minoring in Flight Testing and Simulation.  My ultimate goal is to become a test pilot for companies such as Boeing, Airbus, or military contracting.  With the developments in private space flight and the approaching of new horizons in that industry, I am focusing on my studies and skills in the cockpit to hopefully become a part of this new and exciting form of flight.  I also have a dream of completing my aerobatic training, eventually perfecting my skills to compete in National and Regional Aerobatic Competitions and airshows.

Current topics that interest me are any that involve the development of aircraft design and the growth of general aviation. People who do not fly can be easily persuaded in joining such a close-knit community if they were simply more aware of the industry. Topics that involve programs such as AOPA, EAA, the Young Eagles, and veteran communities will always have my  interest because I feel it is our job to promote and share this great passion of ours to others.

1 comment: